Friday, January 11, 2008

Well, Someone Should Make NFL Picks, Right?

from TremendousUpsidePotential.com...

With Rickhouse off in La La Land with real people, real comments, and real ideas, I thought I'd hold the fort down this weekend with some NFL picks.
patscouch.jpg
The Lock
PATRIOTS (-13) over Jaguars


Before I knew what the actual line for this game was, I set my personal line at 14. Even with a line that high, I feel no reservations about picking the Patriots in this game. They're rested, they're at home, they're undefeated, and everyone and their mother seems to be looking for any type of convoluted reason to defend the Jags as winners in this game. To me, the whole thing comes off as desperate.

The "I Scoff At Your Line" Pick
COLTS (-8) over Chargers

This game is way too easy. A few questions:

Who is Rivers throwing to? Uhhh...
Is Tomlinson breaking 100 yards against a rested Colts D? Uhmmm....
Will Manning rebound from one of the worst performances of his career? Zuhhhh...
Is Vinatieri gonna choke in playoffs -- in a dome? Wuh....

No, you're not constipated; you're trying to talk yourself into picking the Chargers.

The Funny
Seahawks (+7.5) over Packers

Is it possible that Matt Hasselbeck could be one of the coolest QBs of our generation...you know, if he wasn't bald? I'm not trying to take cheap shots, but that "we want the ball, and we're gonna score!" has held up quite nicely since its inception a few years ago. The Pack should take this game, but the Seahawks will keep it close.

The Mystery
COWBOYS (-7.5) over GIANTS

Everyone's "on the fence" game. I say Owens plays, Romo shines, and the 'Boys win in a shoot out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home