Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Saying Goodbye to the Madness

So, March Madness has come to an end. While Ohio State got mega-owned in the finals (haha), the tournament was rather dud-ish. From a gambling standpoint, I won:
  • $6 on a UNLV-Wisconsin bet

But lost:

  • $1 in an NIT pool
  • $5 in an Iowa tournament pool (22 total people)
  • $5 in a three-way pool with two buddies (3 total people)
  • $1 in a play-in game bet ... damn you, Niagara!
  • $1 on a Washington State-Vanderbilt bet ... I thought the Cougs could make it to the Sweet 16 ... bummer)
  • $1 on a Final 4 bet ... once the field was set, I bet that both 2-seeds would make the finals...oops

That brings me to -8 overall. Not too shabby.

Reflecting, I probably still would have picked Kansas to win. So, no real regrets, but I obviously discounted how talented Florida was. They looked unbeatable in the finals. Very few lineups in college basketball feature five legitimate scorers on the floor at once, but unfortunately for the Buckeyes, Florida's does.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home