Saturday, April 28, 2007

Bulls-Heat: !!!

Even with my head swollen from the buzz that is the NFL Draft, I owe it to the Bulls to write about last night's tremendous game.

There really is a lot to say, but I don't know if I have the words. It was probably one of the most complete games the Bulls have played all season. And it was on the freaking road! They just kept scrapping, and digging, and giving their best effort -- basically being the antithesis of what Miami Heat basketball is all about -- and although the Heat looked unbeatable during stretches, the Bulls were able to overcome Miami's scoring binges and put the game away with slightly more ease than I expected.

Deng was a little streakier than usual, but he got the job done. Hinrich and Gordon played the way they needed to play, especially on defense. And it can't be overstated how important to this team Ben Wallace is. There's a lot of people at ESPN who seem to think that keeping Tyson Chandler (who I pretty much only refer to as T-Chan...because I hate him) would have been a better move for Chicago, but being someone who watches the Bulls regularly, they're wrong.

Sure, T-Chan averaged more points and more rebounds playing with a great point guard on a non-playoff team, and maybe the Bulls did overpay a little bit, but with someone like Ben Wallace, stats kind of go out the window. Last year's playoffs spawned what I liked to call the "Two-Two" rule for T-Chan. Two fouls, two minutes. He was so glaringly ineffective at guarding Shaq that he basically fouled his way off the court every single time Skiles put him in. The Chicago Bulls picked up Wallace for these situations, and you say what you want about T-Chan's stats, but right now, Big Ben and his amazing defense/playmaking are likely headed to the second round, while Two-Two-T-Chan is sitting at home.

Sounds like a decent deal to me.

The question now is, when do the Bulls close out the series? Game 4? Game 5?

I said before if the Heat went down three games, they'd probably end up giving up, and you know what? I'm gonna stick by that.

Bust out the brooms, Bulls in 4.

We'll see.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home